Saturday 5 September 2015

TAIPEI (DAY 1)

Hey! Hi! Hello!

As you can see, today's post will be my trip to Taipei recently. I've been wanting to go to Taipei since like 3 years ago but never had the chance since the ticket was too expensive and the virus thingy that happened few years back. Until last year (2014), Airasia was having promotion but the travel period only until August this year (2015). It's summer there and many encourage not to go at that time since it will be very hot but I DON'T CARE anymore. (My initial plan was to go on September or October.)

So, here goes our DAY 1!

ACTUAL DAY

6.10AM
Departing from KKIA (T2)

9.30AM
Arrive at TaoYuan International Airport (T1). Bought only one sim card to share from 中华电信 (Unlimited 5 days internet, NT 300, Free Call NT50)
Bought the bus ticket to Taipei Main Station from Kuo Kuang Bus Counter (Bus 1819) for NT125 each person.
10.15AM
Depart from TaoYuan International Airport (T1) to Taipei Main Station
10.55AM
Arrived at Taipei Main Station
Reload out Easycard here. Press your number on the right and wait for your number to be call. No squeezing needed.
I'm not sure if you can purchase your Easycard here but you may try?
P/S : I've borrowed mine from my colleague and that's why I don't need to purchase it.

11.30AM
Arrived at the hotel.
Tomorrow Hotel
Located at Ximen Station (Blue line) - Exit 6. Hotel just beside Watson where you can see it from Exit 6. Very easy to locate. 

12PM
阿宗麵線- Ay Chung Flour Rice Noodle - brunch.

From Ximen Station - Exit 6, turn right into Ximending main street, when you see KFC on your left, turn around into a smaller valley before the UniQlo one. 

Operating hours :
Mon to Thu (10am - 10pm)
Fri to Sun (10am - 11pm)

Small (NT50)
Big (NT 65)
1PM
BIGTOM冰淇淋店
Located at Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall (Blue line) - Exit 3.
NT 188 for this one.

P/S : If you are going to Taipei 101, you can skip this. Wasted our energy to look for this shop as it is quite hidden. (Used google maps to actually locate this shop) 

2PM
Taipei 101 
After having ice cream, walked from the ice cream shop to Taipei 101 using google map.

You can take MRT to Taipei 101/World Trade Centre Station (Red line). I'm not sure which door to exit because I only knew this station exist until I used it for next station. But there will be signboard everywhere, not afraid on getting lost in Taipei. 
View from 89th floor, Taipei 101. 

4.30PM
五分埔 Wu Fen Pu
Located at Houshanpi Station (Blue line) - Exit 1.
Operating hours : 12pm to 12am
P/S : Monday is meant for wholesale day. NOT to go on Monday!


6PM
饒河夜市 RaoHe Night Market 
Walking distance from Wu Fen Pu (Used google maps)

You can take MRT to Songshan Station (Green line) if you want to come here directly. I'm sorry that I don't know which door to exit again. 
QQ 凉圆 (QQ Liang Yuan) - 10 pieces for NT35

Cheesy Potato - NT60
There are many flavours. I forgot what mine is.

Taiwan Sausage - 3 for NT100

I don't know what is this but it taste quite good. 
NT60 each.

麻糍 Mua Chi  - 5 pieces for NT40


福州世祖胡椒餅 - NT50 each.
I was planning not to have it because I read many reviews said the taste is disappointing even though the queue is insanely long compare to others. But I still gave it a try and indeed very disappointing.

7.30PM
诚品书店 - Eslite Bookstore
Located at Zhongxiao Dunhua Station (Blue line) - Exit 6

9PM
Went back to hotel early because it was raining. 

Til next post. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment